..just another pseudonym

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Spiritual Attack


I lie in wait, I murmur and pray

If I die today, what would others say?

Joined with my friends, I grew restless

My restlessness unfounded, I try to hear Him say

As time passes, I feel becoming lifeless

Was this all planned? That I'm to be unconscious?

I hushed myself, sanguine for this very day

Going to bed, I pray He grants my wishes

To be set free, not worry and be gay

.

Then a dream impend, all wealthy and trend

Naked with a blanket there I lay

Drawn into this nightmare ev’rything grand

A huge commotion, “A healer”, I hear one say

I was weak I can even barely stand!

The healer guarded, known and sway

“Was the healer a fake?” I, thinking

My Fahrenheit went skyrocketing

Ajar for a cure my faith misplaced

“Queue up”, I was told from the craze

A bloke says “he’s gonna rob the healer”

In a daze, I request that I need to be healed.

My faith, misplaced in my very own dream

.

I grow even hotter; I swear I could boil eggs

So I went into the lavatory streams

Be cooled off though that’s not the way

As day unfolds into night, hoping for her say

Ardent my pains, helpless and in vain

Appetite departs, my heart pouring like rain

The reaper closes in; I'm praying I’d stay

Leave not my love, until my dying day

As Death stirs, my love unchanged in tears.

No comments: